COVID-19 UPDATE – 1st November
Dear Members, Colleagues and Friends,
Further to the update provided by the First Minister on Friday 23rd October regarding the announcement of a 5-level system of ‘protections’ the Scottish Government has now completed its consultation process and debated the new framework within parliament. The new framework will be introduced on Monday 2 November 2020 at 6am with Levels broadly in line with those published last week.
Please see below some information on what this new framework means for the table tennis community in SCOTLAND:
• If you are a PLAYER or COACH resident in a local authority area placed in Levels 0,1,2 the current TTS Return to Play Guidelines continue to apply.
• If, however, you are a PLAYER resident in a local authority Level 3 area please note the added restrictions which were introduced on 10 October continue to apply.
Adult (18+) indoor group exercise activities are not allowed. (Adult group activity for the purposes of this guidance is activity, involving adults, from more than 2 households/6 members of those households who take part in an activity on any one day.) In summary this means the BUBBLE system is suspended. Play can take place on multiple tables for example but there can be no changing of partners during the session.
• There is no change to the guidance for under 18s at Levels 0, 1, 2, 3.
• Please note if you are a COACH operating in a Level 3 area you can ONLY offer Adults, a One to One session.
• Level 4: All table tennis activity is suspended until further notice.
Travel guidance has been strengthened by the Scottish Government and should always be followed. Further information on what travel is permitted in the five protection levels for each local authority area is available at Coronavirus (COVID-19): local protection levels. Specific information on car sharing is available from Transport Scotland: advice on how to travel safely.
Please note therefore that:
• PLAYERS resident in a LEVEL 3 area should not be travelling to a LEVEL 0, 1, 2 area or another LEVEL 3 area to play table tennis.
• PLAYERS resident in LEVEL 0,1 2 areas should not be travelling to a LEVEL 3 area to play table tennis.
• COACHES who earn part or all of their income from table tennis can continue to travel across Levels 0, 1, 2, 3 for work.
Table Tennis Scotland is aware that the latest restrictions are complex but we hope that all members will continue to adhere to our Return to play Guidelines and play a valuable role in helping to restrict the spread of Covid 19.
We are also aware that many of you are unable to play because most local authorities have not been able to open up their facilities for community use. Rest assured we and our colleagues in sportscotland are working hard with local authorities around Scotland to address this very difficult situation.
Please be patient and if you are able to play table tennis in your area we would ask you to continue to be vigilant, adhere rigidly to our Guidelines and look after each other.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call: Richard Yule: 07739 574356 (m)
It’s good to talk!
Stay healthy, keep safe and enjoy your game.
February 25, 2021
February 25, 2021
February 18, 2021