Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport course
The CWPS course in January is now full. Please leave your details below to note interest in the next course.
Free to TTS Members
The course will take place on Tuesday 16 January 2024, 6pm – 9pm. Registration closes at 9am, Thursday 14 December 2023.
Module 1: online via sportscotland Brightspace platform.
Module 2: online face to face virtual course via Teams.
This course is free to all Table Tennis Scotland members. The fee for non members is £25.
Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport (CWPS) supersedes the previous Safeguarding and Protecting Children (SPC) course. The training will provide you with the knowledge on child wellbeing and protection that will give you the confidence to deal with issues that may arise in your role working with children.
- Understand what is meant by ‘child wellbeing and protection’
- Recognise the value of a child-centered approach to child wellbeing and protection
- Identify good practice in relation to child wellbeing and protection and how this impacts the sports environment
- Recognise the legislative and policy framework around child wellbeing and protection
- Identify and respond to possible child wellbeing or protection concerns
- Identify the limits of your safeguarding role and know when to get support
- Be introduced to the Spectrum of Practice and use it to consider, evaluate and respond to common coaching scenarios
- Receive an introduction to the factors that create a culture of poor practice
- Identify barriers to disclosure
- Cover the process for responding to concerns
- Put the responding to concerns process into practice to deal with serval complex cases
Access to module 1: Brightspace
December 08, 2023
December 04, 2023
December 04, 2023